Excellent thoughts!  I want to adopt maven2 and in-fact we are debating the
issue at work.  And the cons are the lack of documentation and the fact that
ANT is easier to customize.  And, that's what we all do, customize
everything to support our needs.

I WIKI everything and I wish I had a public WIKI to write in that I felt
comfortable that would stay there for all to see and wouldn't change.  So,
what we need is the maven folks (whomever's in charge) to open a WIKI and
leave it alone.  I think that maven:site is fine for projects outside of
maven and those that someone wants to play webmaster.  But, the Maven site
should be more open and if we get folks that provide wrong documentation,
then boot them or remove their submissions (moderate).

I'm new here, but this is like going to church and the message is always
"this is how we do things here".  It's a community or gathering and if it's
not comfortable to speak up and say I have something to say, then it's not a
public thing.

I agree with you because it's not easy to figure out how to get involved.
Also, a portion or area of the server was out yesterday beause of a bug and
it was very difficult for me to determine if this was a ditched effort or
that someone was keeping the public away from something until a problem was
fixed.

So when the WIKI opens up for assistance, let me know because I'm ready to
share my notes.  E.g. once I find out how to build plugins and debug them
easily, I'll document everything.  And, do I keep this for myself or does
the community want my notes?

I started a book for a publisher and didn't finish it due to timing, but I
do have a chapter that clearly describes the installation and daemonizing
and windows service installation for JBoss.  Should I keep this since I
didn't get published for sale? Or should I share it?  I want to share it,
but I can't host from my house due to my ISP setup.  If I had a public
hosting, I would drop it there immediately.  I hope folks speak up to your
email because I wholeheartedly agree.  I do think, to speak for the Maven
"boys" that everyone just wants things to be permanent and standard.  And,
that's very difficult to sustain I imagine.

Good email,

David