I have two projects. One is a jar, second is a war.
I run the 'mvn clean install' for the jar and works
fine. I can see the files installed in my local
.m2/repository.

The second project has the dependency on the first:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>groupId</groupId>
            <artifactId>projName</artifactId>
            <version>versionNumber</version>
        </dependency>

where projName is the jar projects id.

When I run 'mvn clean package' for this war project, I
get a warning at every phase which says:
"POM for 'projname':compile  is invalid. It will be
ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Failed to
validate POM. "

What is this supposed to mean? Is there anybody who
could give an advice where to look, how to identify
the issue?

thanks,
Attila