Eric,

thanks for your reply.
So far I couldn't get any closer to the issue.
I already tried to delete from my local repo and then
reinstall. The error still occurs.  I checked the pom
itself in the installed package. It is valid xml and
seems as a valid pom file to me.

This is the exact message:

[WARNING] POM for
'com.mycompany:myapp:pom:1.5-5007.0-QA0-SNAPSHOT:compile'
is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact
resolution. Reason: Failed to validate POM

To me this is a meaningless error message. I have no
idea what validation failed and where/why. It gives me
no help. Just frustration. If you have any hints,
please let me know.

thanks,
Attila