I have established our own local repository for our snapshot versions, and updates are successfully pushed to it when when we 'mvn deploy'. When we 'mvn package' the first time, we get the jars and POMs just fine. However, after that first download, we can never get updated versions of those artifacts.

Here is an example dependency:
   <dependency>
     <groupId>icentris-iliad</groupId>
     <artifactId>core</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.2007.01.02-SNAPSHOT</version>
   </dependency>

Here's our repository definition in our multimodule pom.xml:
   <repository>
       <id>local2</id>
       <url>http://soa.dev.hq.icentris:10757/repository2</url>
       <snapshots>
         <enabled>true</enabled>
       </snapshots>
   </repository>

Here's some output when I try to force an update (with 'mvn package -U')... although it doesn't acutally do anything: [INFO] snapshot icentris-iliad:legacy-bridge:1.0.2007.01.02-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from ibiblio [INFO] snapshot icentris-iliad:legacy-bridge:1.0.2007.01.02-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from local2

Our current workaround is to remove the whole ~/.m2/repository folder before we build.

Any ideas are welcome.  Thanks!
Trent