You need the integration test plugin to use /it/ by default, but that plugin
has its own quirks and I don't know if it is being actively developed.
However, the easiest way I've found is to put all tests in src/test/java and
distinguish between them based on naming conventions. This is what we do:

<plugin>
       <executions>
               <execution>
               <id>surefire-it</id>
               <phase>integration-test</phase>
               <configuration>
                       <includes>
                       <include>**/*IntegrationTest.java</include>
                       </includes>
               </configuration>
               <goals>
                       <goal>test</goal>