What's the difference between Maven and version control repositories when
you're using both? Maven has its repository, but so does my version control.

As I'm fairly new to this, could somebody explain the division of
responsibility between Maven and version control specifically? e.g. Once
you've organized your project in the Maven hierarchy, what do you do then?
What to do about JARs which are in the Maven repository?

Is it possible to version everything in Maven using source control,
including the library repository?