We're in the process of migrating from Maven 1 to Maven 2. Currently we have
a database.properties file that contains all of our database connection
information. Is there any easy to make those properties accessible from
within pom.xml so that I can do:

<driver>${jdbc.driver_class}</driver>

I tried adding the property file in the filters section, however, that seems
to only make the properties accessible to specified resource files within
the resource section. It does not seem to make the property available for
use in pom.xml. Perhaps I'm missing something simple.

Thanks,
Todd
http://gabrito.com