Well, I think I fixed the problem but its not ideal.  I got the scm:changelog
goal to work if I add the following system property on the command line like
this:

mvn scm:changelog -Dmaven.scm.perforce.clientspec.name=MY_WORKSPACE_NAME

So I thought awesome, I'll just add the property to either my POM or my
settings.xml and the problem is solved.  Nope, if I move the property off
the command line and into the settings.xml or into the POM then I'm back to
square one and the client spec name is auto generated again.

Help!  Why isn't the provider only recognizing the property when its on the
command-line?