Hello.

While using MyEclipse with maven, I have the eclipse plug-in keeping the
output directory as WEB-INF/classes so that I can still work with hot
deploys.

<plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <outputDirectory>
            src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes
          </outputDirectory>
<plugin>

Eclipse copies the contents of both src/main and src/test to this location
so the classes directory will contain *Test.java as well as *.java.

When I do a mvn package on the war (outside of eclipse) maven copies
everything in the webapp directory over, and then puts in all the non-test
classes.  However, since the WEB-INF/classes dir wasn't empty (because
eclipse is using it) all my tests and test resources get copied over as
well.

I've tried:
1) using the clean plug-in but that means when I switch back over to eclipse
I have to do a full clean on that project
2) using an exclude filter for the war plug-in, but have not had any luck
with that.

Does anyone have a working solution to this?

Thanks for all your time and help!
Jim