Hallo,

thx for the quick answer.
Here a bit longer description:
I have some dependencies which I added manually to my local repo because they
are not available in the remote repository. Now everytime I build my project
maven tries to update this dependency which is not availble in the remote repo.
command line output:
Downloading: http://commons.ucalgary.ca/pub/m2/***/***/***/1.0/***-1.0.pom
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/***/***/***/1.0/***-1.0.pom

This job is not necessary and costs time... so I want to prevent it.

How can I force Maven to skip this check because I know for sure this
dependency isn't in the remote repo.

Martin

Its not clear what you are trying to do and why. Please explain things better.

In the meantime, you can use "mvn -o ..." for "offline mode" which will force
Maven to use only the artifacts available on your machine for a given build.

Wayne