On 9/26/07, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 9/26/07, Rodrigo Madera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > As I recommended earlier, I think we should copy and paste the Better Builds
> > with Maven book into the official Maven documentation.
> >
> > Why not?
>
> The book is already free.  (Yes, you have to register.)  There's
> another very good book at http://www.sonatype.com/book/ .
>
> Copying and pasting that content would not solve the problem that the
> Maven site is considered difficult to navigate.  And that despite all
> the improvements in plugin docs, people still find then inadequate.
> (There *is* a doc standard that they have to pass prior to being
> promoted from the sandbox and released.  Does it need to be changed?)

I think - yes.
See spring and hibernate docs - all thing in one long document (which
may be browsed chapter by chapter but also downloaded and printed
as PDF).
I'm sure many users will say 'those examples are bad because of...'
but I think this would be better for maven to have one document
describing things from pom structure and standard directory layout
to use cases of (for example) ear plugin
Maybe some very magic scrips merging together guides from current
main maven site and plugin documentations?
I know that ability to make good things with plugins (== some kind
of modularity of maven architecture) is a GOOD thing but without
a good understanding it's hard to where to find out an info about some
basic thing.
Example - please, try to find out how to skip executing of tests
during build starting from http://maven.apache.org

Regards,
Tomek