As far as I know, there is no default way of reporting in a different format. I
know of some plugins, which can report in XML and HTML format, but each plugin
has different configuration to accomplish that.

cobertura-maven-plugin:

<configuration>
    <formats>
        <format>xml</format>
        <format>html</format>
    </formats>
</configuration>

findbugs-maven-plugin:

<configuration>
    <xmlOutput>true</xmlOutput>
</configuration>

The only thing I can think of is c/p the report from the HTML page and into a
document (I presume you mean DOC or ODF document) or let them just get used to
the kind of reports you deliver (That has worked for me in the past, especially
when they heard, that the documentation was generated automatically every day
by a CI server)

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk