Alternatively, you could create a new reporting plugin that outputs
the list in the format that you require. But this seems a bit
excessive when the list is already being generated in HTML, and I
certainly wouldn't do it unless my job or life depended on it.

As Nick suggested, point them to the "mvn site" generated
automatically every day/hour by your CI server and move on to the next
issue.

Wayne