Actually all that happened ( installing commons into the LAN
repository ) on the second day of i started using maven(2nd week of my
first job :) ), there has been a strict deadline for that. But anyways
I guess these are just lame excuses for misusing maven(unintentional),
but at that time thats' what I thought it is like(which could be
wrong). And my experience with groupId's has always been confusing, at
places it is the package name while others artifactId and groupId
becomes the same. That amplified the motivation to commit the mistake,
and there are few commons artifacts being used here at my workplace
which are not there in the repo1.maven.org ( i.e.
commons-email-1.0-mod.jar).

But I believe everyone learns with time, and learning is best when it
comes from the mistakes you commit.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Amit