I have been using the dependency:analyze successfully and I find it
works the way I expect (especially when migrating older code to Maven).

That said, there are a couple of things to take into consideration:

- Analysis is based on compiled .class files, so sometimes, a
compile-time dependency (on a constant defined in a JAR for instance)
can be optimized away by the compiler and cause the plugin to report a
false "Unused defined".

- For Web apps, do not forget to compile the JSPs into .class files and
include those in the analysis to get the real picture.

Maybe you have a concrete example that shows the wrong behavior?

-Olivier