Hi,

Trying to precompile Jsp's but can't get it to work.

I tried the plugins:

Maven jspc plugin:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html

Maven Jetty Jspc Plugin:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Maven+Jetty+Jspc+Plugin

However, both don't work for me.
Maven jspc says:
[INFO] JSPC Error
Embedded error: The -uriroot option must specify a pre-existing directory

Jetty jspc says:
[INFO] : org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6149: The -uriroot option must
specify a pre-existing directory
Failure processing jsps

No idea what this means! :-( (-X or -e didn't tell me much more either)
My project layout isn't using the default, as it's a legacy project.

The jspc plugin seems to be searching for the web.xml.
The default seems to be target/web.xml, in my case its under
target/MY_WAR_FILE_NAME/WEB-INF/web.xml.

I tried to configure the maven war plugin accordingly:
<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <webXml>${basedir}/target/MY_WAR_FILE_NAME/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

However, this didn't help either. Maybe I looking in the wrong direction??
No idea, both jspc documentations are VERY short. Other people seemed to have
similar problems saying "The -uriroot option must specify a pre-existing
directory" - but I couldn't find any solution to this problem on the web.

Maybe you can help out?

Thanks in advance,

Stefanie