Hi *,

there's one point I do not understand with maven: how can I use it to
accomplish some tasks that doesn't seem to fit into the standard phases.  The
question arised when implementing continuous integration.  For this I want to

- Copy a artefact to another directory.  (more precisely: to deploy the
generated war-file to the app server)  This is no job for deploying something
to a maven repository or generating a site, but just a plain copy task.

- Call a special goal of a subproject.  (more precisely: my db subproject uses
the hibernate-tools-plugin to execute some sql on the database)  The subproject
includes a plugin for a specific task, but I want to call this from the major
build)

With maven 1.x, I wrote a maven.xml and defined goals for this.  But what is
the maven 2 way?  Must I write a plugin?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Martin.

--
Martin