> (can I submit changes to the documentation that helped me?),
Yes, we love patches to docs. Naturally the users are best at pointing
out what's wrong or confusing. Just attach the patch to a jira.

>but I'd hate to manage a plugin that is pretty much a duplicate of what
is offered out of the box (but we just >can't figure out how to use it).

Your best bet is to grab the code and look at it instead of writing a
new one from scratch. You can ask questions about the code on dev@