From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sat 3/15/2008 1:01 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Cc: EJ Ciramella
Subject: Re: Copy:unpack

My gut feeling is that remote-resources is NOT the plugin to be used for
this.   remote-resources will only process specific files in the bundle
and only if the bundle is properly created with the
remote-resources:bundle goal.   It also only fills in properties/values
that are specifically set in the plugins configuration, not everything
in the pom.   remote-resources targets a specific need, and this really
doesn't sound like it.

Most likely, you should add a feature request to the dependency plugin to
allow filtering of stuff that is unpacked.  I think a new filtering
component was created recently that could make it pretty easy to do.
Not really sure though.

Dan

On Saturday 15 March 2008, EJ Ciramella wrote:
> Well these questions are directed at the entire mailing list.
>
> I do appreciate all the energy you've put into this.
>
> We started work on a series of plugins because of how little is known
> about this particular one (can I submit changes to the documentation
> that helped me?), but I'd hate to manage a plugin that is pretty much
> a duplicate of what is offered out of the box (but we just can't
> figure out how to use it).

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]