I have no idea if its a bug or not, but a way to fix things would be
to simply add another level of parent in the project under which all
your war projects are located.

Thus:
top-parent
+ war-parent
++ war-project1
++ war-project2
++ war-project3

Then tell your war-projects to use war-parent as its parent, and set
the configuration inside it.

Wayne