david delbecq wrote:

What are the best practice when deploying artifact about java version used for compiling? I read somewhere that the purpose of maven release process is to make the build "reproductible", but if that build does not include aimed compiler, we can't assure a "rebuild" will be fully compatible with previous build, if the java version changed...

Configure the maven-compiler-plugin to specify the specific java version you need for that particular build. This will ensure your future rebuild is repeatable, even with a newer JDK version.

Regards,
Graham