Richard and Graham
I've been using ANT since 02 placing all environmental (path/classpath)
information into buildName.propertiesAnyone who is hardcoding paths in Ant
is'nt using it to its full capability and is negating the original design intent
please reference Use Property Files from Steve Loughran's Ant in Anger paper at
http://ant.apache.org/ant_in_anger.htmlThanks,Martin______________________________________________Disclaimer
 and confidentiality noteEverything in this e-mail and any attachments relates
to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential
nature and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than
intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained
within this transmission.> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Best practices for java version?> > Richard Chamberlain wrote:> >
> It works internally at our company as we all have build tools (jdk etc)> > in
a standard place. This makes it repeatable and > > guaranteed not to blow up on
a 1.4 environment.> > There is no such thing as a "standard" place for build
tools - a new > contractor comes in, and suddenly has to rearrange their laptop
to > accommodate some weird directory structure that is different to their >
existing setup. That's a significant waste of time and money.> > Then you
decide to upgrade from Win2k to XP, and from XP to Vista, and > Vista to
whatever, and suddenly the default location of the JDK changes > for whatever
reason and all your code breaks.> > Hard coding paths is one of the exact
things that was rife in ant builds > and that maven moves away from, and that
makes code management > significantly less painful and more robust.> >
Regards,> Graham> --
How well do you know your celebrity gossip?
http://originals.msn.com/thebigdebate?ocid=T002MSN03N0707A