And in response to Martin, in the project I'm recently involved in,
the paths are not hard-coded into the build script itself but rather
in various build.properties files. It is still a total pain and a
hack, IMO. You can't honestly tell me that you enjoy configuring
properties files for every environment/machine, do you? I have better
things to do with my time.

After a lot of time with Maven over the last few years, it will be a
cold day in hell when I go back to making Ant scripts. Instead, I'm
fixing the mistakes of others and getting rid of their Ant scripts.

Wayne