Hi,

AFAIK, the execution of plugins in the same phase is not consistent. We have used 6 different phases to ensure the ordering is correct. See http://cvs.peopleware.be/training/maven/maven2/buildLifecyclePhases.html
for a good list.

Stefan

Bernhard David wrote:
Hello,

in maven 2.0.8 I can put the following in a pom to execute first
cargo:start then cargo:deploy in the pre-integration-test phase. In
2.0.9, maven executes deploy first, which breaks the build. Declaring
the plugin once and having two <goal> entries in the <goals> doesn't
help.

<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
<artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
<executions>
        <execution>
                <id>start-container</id>
                <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                <goals>
                        <goal>start</goal>
                </goals>
        </execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
<artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
<executions>
        <execution>
                <id>deploy</id>
                <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                <goals>
                        <goal>deploy</goal>
                </goals>
        </execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

**********

Shouldn't an entry like

<goals>
        <goal>start</goal>
        <goal>deploy</goal>
</goals>

force maven to do start first, then deploy? Is there a way to influence
this - or, what are the rules for execution order of plugins in a phase?

David

best regards,

Stefan Seidel
software developer