Max Bowsher wrote:
Bernhard David wrote:
in maven 2.0.8 I can put the following in a pom to execute first
cargo:start then cargo:deploy in the pre-integration-test phase. In
2.0.9, maven executes deploy first, which breaks the build.

VUB Stefan Seidel wrote:
 > AFAIK, the execution of plugins in the same phase is not consistent.

I was under the impression that there was ordering of lifecycle bound executions first, then executions from each pom in a parent-child hierarchy in that order, and within each pom, in declaration order.

Am I just imagining things?

Actually, according to http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/introduction-to-the-lifecycle you are right: When multiple executions are given that match a particular phase, they are executed in the order specified in the POM,
with inherited executions running first.

In practice and to my knowledge and experiences, it has never been like that.

regards,

Stefan
--
best regards,