First off, please only send messages to this list once. If you're
unsure if a message made it to the list yet, check Nabble, but give it
a few hours to show up as there are sometimes delays etc.

Secondly, can you describe your requirements in a little more detail?
It sounds like maybe you have configuration files in your source code
that you don't want included in the JAR itself, but then you do want
the assembly to include those files? Is this what you are looking for,
roughly? Can you tell us a little bit more about how your project is
laid out etc?

Also, take a look at the pre-defined "bin" assembly format and see if
it takes care of your requirements:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/descriptor-refs.html

Wayne