From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:19 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Internal repository question - stopping repo1

In short, Maven lies to you when you're using mirrors -- this is a
known bug. So even when it hits a mirror, it reports Central.

If you only have 1 repo in your organization and all projects will use
it (on \\buildmachine in your case), then you certainly could move
these <repository> etc entries into an activeByDefault profile in
settings.xml or a shared/common top-level pom.

Wayne

On 4/23/08, Daniel King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wayne,
>
>  Thanks for the help.  Are any of those other settings I have not
> needed?  As far as best practices should any of those settings be in
the
> settings.xml file instead of the POM if possible?
>
> I also noticed this in my build output:
>
> [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin: checking
> for updates from internal
> [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin: checking
> for updates from central
> Downloading:

file://\\buildMachine\repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-clean-pl
> ugin/2.2/maven-clean-plugin-2.2.pom
> 3K downloaded
>
> So even though it only went to my internal server, I find it strange
> that it still states it checked for updates from central.  I'm
assuming
> maybe that info prints out before a check is made to see if it needs
> hit the central repo and it didn't.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel King
> Vurv
>
> The information contained in this message may be privileged and
> confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
> message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
> responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
> are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
> communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to
the
> message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

<uniqueVersion>true</uniqueVersion>