From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:46 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Internal repository question - stopping repo1

You need a to set up a mirror pointing to your local repo as a
<mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> in your settings.xml file, and Maven will only go
to that server for all of its files.

Wayne

On 4/23/08, Daniel King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm using Archiva 1.0.2 and Maven 2.0.9 using JDK 1.6 on Windows XP.
>

> I've installed Maven on my local machine and Maven and Archiva on a
> development machine (Not sure if Maven is needed on the dev machine
> with Archiva but I think it is).
>

> For some reason I clear out my local repository and do a build, I see
> plugins being downloaded from repo1.  I thought that those plugins
> would be downloaded to my internal repository.  Then when I clear out
> the local repository and do a build again it would only get those from
my
> internal repository.   However it is still going out to repo1 for
> plugins.
>

> In my project's pom.xml I have the following:
>

> <repositories>
>
>                        <repository>
>
>                                    <id>internal</id>
>
>                                    <name>Internal Maven
> Repository</name>
>
>                                    <layout>default</layout>
>

> <url>file://\\buildMachine\repository</url>
>
>                                    <snapshots>
>

> <enabled>false</enabled>
>
>                                    </snapshots>
>
>                        </repository>
>
> </repositories>
>
> <pluginRepositories>
>
>                        <pluginRepository>
>
>                                    <id>internal</id>
>
>                                    <name>Internal Maven Plugin
> Repository</name>
>

> <url>file://\\buildMachine\repository</url>
>
>                                    <layout>default</layout>
>
>                                    <snapshots>
>

> <enabled>false</enabled>
>
>                                    </snapshots>
>
>                                    <releases>
>

> <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
>
>                                    </releases>
>
>                        </pluginRepository>
>
> </pluginRepositories>
>
> <distributionManagement>
>
>                        <repository>
>
>                                    <id>internal</id>
>
>                                    <url>file://\\ buildMachine
> \repository</url>
>
>                        </repository>
>
>                        <snapshotRepository>
>
>  <id>internal</id>
>
>                                     <url>file://\\ buildMachine
> \repository</url>
>
>                                    <uniqueVersion>true</uniqueVersion>
>
>                        </snapshotRepository>
>
> </distributionManagement>
>

> I basically need to setup Maven/Archiva as an internal repository on a

> build machine and have no network traffic go beyond that build machine

> ie not going to repo1.  So if something isn't on the internal repo
> then a build smith would go and manually install and bless whatever
> they need.  Security doesn't like the idea of going out to remote
> repos and just bringing stuff down.
>

> So after looking through the archives and reading other posts, I'm
> confused on what I'm doing wrong.  I don't fully understand the
> <servers> and <mirrors> tags and if they even matter to me at this
> point.
>

> Any help would be appreciated even if it is to tell me to read a
> certain section of the manual again.

> [...]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information.
It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if
addressed incorrectly.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not
disclose, copy, distribute,
or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
it from
your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.