If you mean something that points to the top-level so you can create relative paths then no. This is something we would like to introduce.

On 13-Jul-08, at 9:25 PM, Erwin Mueller wrote:

Hallo
I'm a pretty new user of mvn2 and I have a question:
I use the exec-plugin to execute a script that starts the compilation of an
IzPack installer.

     <plugin>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
       <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>1.1-beta-1</version>
       <executions>
         <execution>
           <id>compile-install</id>
           <phase>package</phase>
           <goals>
             <goal>exec</goal>
           </goals>
         </execution>
       </executions>
       <configuration>
         <executable>install/compile_install.sh</executable>
         <workingDirectory>install/</workingDirectory>
       </configuration>
     </plugin>

The path install/compile_install.sh is in a module of a main project. Like
   mainproject/
     |/subproject
     |/subproject

If I start mvn package in mainproject/subproject it works fine, but if I start
mvn package in mainproject/ it will of course fail.

Hava maven a build in variable like ${module-directory} that I can use like
that:

       <configuration>

<executable>${module-directory}/install/compile_install.sh</ executable> <workingDirectory>${module-directory}/install/</ workingDirectory>
       </configuration>

Other question is, how can I start different scripts if I work on diferrent systems? Like if I work in Windows it'll start compile_install.bat and on
linux it'll start compile_install.sh.

Thanks for help, Erwin.

Thanks,

Jason