Hi there,

you could do the following include the plugin configuration in a profile and make sure that profile is only activated when you execute a module build. That would allow you to keep the build spec in just one place - the master pom, but use it only for the modules (I assume that is what you want to
achieve).

You should not have the profile active by default, but activate it using a property (e.g. isModule=true) - see also http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Activation.

The second question, you can select an OS specific script using a profile as well. That one you would activate depending on the underlying OS.

HTH
Andreas

Erwin Mueller schrieb:
Hallo
I'm a pretty new user of mvn2 and I have a question:
I use the exec-plugin to execute a script that starts the compilation of an IzPack installer.

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.1-beta-1</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>compile-install</id>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>exec</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <configuration>
          <executable>install/compile_install.sh</executable>
          <workingDirectory>install/</workingDirectory>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

The path install/compile_install.sh is in a module of a main project. Like
    mainproject/
      |/subproject
      |/subproject

If I start mvn package in mainproject/subproject it works fine, but if I start mvn package in mainproject/ it will of course fail.

Hava maven a build in variable like ${module-directory} that I can use like that:

        <configuration>
<executable>${module-directory}/install/compile_install.sh</executable>
          <workingDirectory>${module-directory}/install/</workingDirectory>
        </configuration>

Other question is, how can I start different scripts if I work on diferrent systems? Like if I work in Windows it'll start compile_install.bat and on linux it'll start compile_install.sh.

Thanks for help, Erwin.