I have an existing eclipse project, a "dynamic web application", which I've been working on. I'm also using subversion (subclipse). My problem is that my directory/folder structure is significantly different than the maven convention, and I would prefer to switch to the maven convention. I'm not sure how I should proceed.

For example, could I simply reorganize my directory structure in subversion to match the maven convention and then import it into a new eclipse project that's been set up to play nicely with maven?

I guess I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to proceed, for long term happiness, and not some hack method that I may regret later on.

Thanks