On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Rusty Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, thanks.  What I've done so far is a "final" commit from my development
> machine, and then I renamed the project in svn, moving it into branches, so
> that it's no longer in trunk.  (I realized just now that I should have
> disconnected the project from svn before I moved it, but no matter since
> that's just a simple job of removing all of the .svn directories on my
> development machine.)  I've started a new eclipse project using the eclipse
> maven plugin and will move the pieces into it into their "correct"
> locations, and then do a commit from the new project.

You'll lose the history by doing it this way.  (Well, it will still be
there on the branch, but 'svn log' on the new trunk won't show it.)

Do you need a branch? (Are you planning to do any additional work in
the old project layout?)

I would svn mv it back from the branch to trunk, tag it, and then do
svn mv commands on trunk to rearrange it.

--
Wendy