--- On Sat, 9/13/08, Graham Leggett wrote:
> In other words, use the maven-release-plugin to publish
> formal releases of code, and make sure that project A
> never depends on a snapshot of project B if you can
> possibly avoid it. Use proper version numbers.

Would it be reasonable to say that *released* versions of A shouldn't depend on
B-snapshots?

In other words, an A-snapshot may use a B-snapshot, but an A-release should
not. Every A-release should depend only on a B-release, even if it means
releasing an B-n.n.n+1 tag to fix minor B-release issues.

(We're revamping some of our build and release policies, and may be using Maven
moving forward, so I'm definitely interested in hearing opinions, best
practices, and how others deal with this.)

Dave