Graham Leggett wrote:

> But by doing this, project B is saying "we accept that project A may
> break at any time, and we accept this".

> There is no "right" answer as to when this should happen, this is up to
> the development team. But it is down to a binary choice: be on the
> snapshot bleeding edge and access changes quickly and accept that it
> will break randomly and without warning, or depend on a release, and you
> get stability and controlled change.

Our single organisational project has a large number of modules. While
adding single features (during Agile sprints) we change stuff in multiple
such modules.
Having a snapshot dependency from A on B when making corresponding changes
between the two, for a single feature, some would argue this to be true
Continuous Integration (thus: a good thing).
In our environment we're for the moment happy with that. B and A are
released shortly after each other (in that order), no problem.
In our environment the real problems occur when A has a dependency on C as
well, and A and C are both involved in another, concurrent feature as well.
We've not yet found a very satisfying procedure for that one... anyone? ;-)