What about doing a right click in the Project Explorer, select New -> Other ... -> Maven -> Maven Project ?

Then in the New Maven Project window only check Use default Workspace location, click Next, then you get that glorious list of Archetypes to choose from.

Stevo Slavi? wrote:
Hello David,

Just as Klaus said, use m2eclipse plugin. After installing it, I'd first
manually create a folder in eclipse workspace, named as your root maven
project artifactId, then copy root POM and rest of the project structure
you've created into that new folder. Finally, with m2eclipse plugin you
could just "File-->Import...-->General-->Maven Projects" and select/browse
to newly created folder, leaving m2eclipse do the rest.

Regards,
Stevo.