David,

2008/9/19 David C. Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I'm beginning a new, fairly large, project.  Eclipse will be our development
> platform, but I've already set up the starting point in Maven.  Simple
> enough.  Now, my question is, how can I keep them in sync, easily?  I
> realize that it's best to re-run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" after adding
> dependencies, but what about source folders?  I need to add new source
> folders, but Maven doesn't know anything about that, so the next time I
> re-generate the .project/.classpath files, it'll revert back to those
> folders not being "source" folders.
>
> Any help how to make this behave?

You need to add additional source folders by using the
build-helper-maven-plugin
(http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/). Then the
maven-eclipse-plugin happily add all your source folders to eclipse's
project configuration.

Also another hint on handling larger project setup with many
submodules and maybe independent project side by side. In my last
project to keep all my projects and submodules (40+) synced with
eclipse I put all projects and multiprojects in the same subversion
trunk and thus the same working folder in parallel subfolders. in the
working folder's root I established a "bootstapper"-pom which included
all projects as submodules. the project's parent pom resided in a
parallel subfolder next to the projects as well. Also this parent-pom
was included as a submodule by the bootstrapper-pom. With this setup
we were able to invoke any maven commands on all projects at once.

-Stefan