On Tuesday 14 October 2008 Jan K wrote:
> I am very new to maven.I have downloaded apache-maven-2.0.9.I read the
> doc's and installed maven. I executed the following commands  in command
> prompt,
>
> mvn archetype:create \
>   -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes \
>   -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app \
>   -DartifactId=my-app
>

> I got a folder as my-app in my local path.I can see the pom.xml.Please
> help me what should i do next?

Depends on what you want to do.

You'll find the sources in my-app/src/main/java and the tests in
my-app/src/test/java. Adapt both as you need.

To compile, package and install into your local repository cd into 'my-app'
and run 'mvn compile', 'mvn package' resp. 'mvn install'.

As Arnaud poited out, more information can be found in the books "Maven, The
Definitve Guide" and "Better Builds with Maven".

hth,
- martin