I able to build the project successfully.I get a target folder created.But i
donot find any class files created for the project.Here is my sample pom.xml
file:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>careertales.net</groupId>
  <artifactId>careertales</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>CT</name>
  <url>http://localhost:8080/ct2</url>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

Please correct me.Please let me know what i am missing.