> As you can see, javax.persistence is not available in the classpath. I have
> added the following dependency to my pom.xml to hopefully solve this issue,
> but it didn't work:

What kind of project is this -- jar, war, ear, etc? And are you sure
the artifact providing the Persistence class is available in the
classpath at runtime?

Are you sure the type=pom is appropriate for the openjpa artifact? The
persistence-api is just that, an API, eventually someone has to
provide an implementation somewhere in the project for things to work.

Wayne