> What kind of project is this -- jar, war, ear, etc? And are you sure
> the artifact providing the Persistence class is available in the
> classpath at runtime?

> Are you sure the type=pom is appropriate for the openjpa artifact?
This was wrong of course, thank you. I've tried too many configurations
for openjpa...The correct configuration would be:

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.openjpa</groupId>
        <artifactId>openjpa</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.0</version>
        <type>jar</type>
        <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

> The persistence-api is just that, an API, eventually someone has to
> provide an implementation somewhere in the project for things to work.
I've used an example from the manual of openjpa, but now I found a way
to solve my issue by using a EJB injection. Hopefully this will work
with two databases.

I installed the J2EE-SDK, but this didn't solve my issue...for now I
will use the injection.

Thank you for your answer!

Uli