Hi there,

  I have a multi module project and one of the sub modules produce two
artifacts: temp-1.2.3.jar and temp-1.2.3-*test*.jar the last one is built
using this configuration:

              <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>test-jar</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

  This second artifact is referenced in another sub module as a compile
dependency. It works fine for all my development BUT it doesn't work when
I'm trying to release it. Because the release:prepare goal only executes the
"clean verify" goals not the install one.

  I configured the maven-release-plugin on the parent project as:

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                <inherited>true</inherited>
                <configuration>
                    <preparationGoals>clean verify</preparationGoals>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

  and on the sub module as:

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <preparationGoals>install</preparationGoals>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

  But still not working. Am I missing something?

 Cheers