On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Thiago Moreira (timba)
<tmoreira2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Ok, I took a look on the source code of the maven-release-plugin and there
> is no way to set the preparationGoals from the command line!!!
>
>  The method
> mergeCommandLineConfig<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/xref/org/apache/maven/plugins/release/PrepareReleaseMojo.html#181>of
> the PrepareReleaseMojo class only merge the releaseVersions and
> developmentVersions properties.

We have the same scenario that you have and we are using release fine.

You may want to use
      <dependency>
        <groupId>MYGROUP</groupId>
        <artifactId>MYARTIFACT</artifactId>
        <version>MYVERSION</version>
        <type>test-jar</type>
        <scope>test</scope>
      </dependency>

type = test-jar
instead of classifier = test.

There are some wierd inconsistencies with this.

Straight from our release page in our wiki:
  mvn release:prepare
-Dmaven.scm.provider.cvs.implementation=cvs_native
-DpreparationGoals=clean,install -Dusername=<CVS_userid>