hi,
yes i want to tell maven to generate eclipse project for
me. Maven-eclipse-plugin does it well if it is a simple java project.
What i need is eclipse WTP project. It supports it too but in the older
version. I have tried it. The generated eclipse WTP project was
not 100% correct (i got problems with classpath) and the projects was not to
100% eclipse WTP conform.
Well, after that i investigated this issue and found out that
the Maven-eclipse-plugin generates only for an older version of WTP and that
the last release was 10 months ago.
My  particular requirement is to build pom with that i could just generate
WTP project for eclipse 3.x and don't need to manipulate this after that. We
have this requirement, couse we want to use not only eclipse but also
netbeans if someone in our team likes, so we want to use maven's pom as the
primary project format. The netbeans integration of maven seems to be better
supported for the time being, so i'm loooking for a way for it also for
eclipse.