On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Thomas Marti <thx...@schweiz.org> wrote:
> Hi Manos
>
> Manos Batsis wrote:
>>
>> Thomas Marti wrote:
>> That shouldn't be a problem, even windows can play along using cygwin. If
>> you really need out-of-the-box portability just patch up a custom plugin
>> that does the same through java code.
>
> That's all true. But that's not really the point here...
>
> I was very suprised that I haven't been able to find plugins to achieve a
> few simple tasks like merging/concating files together, replacing random
> strings (that aren't properties) in resources, and finally sorting files.
>
> Now, as for existing plugin for replacing I have found two candidates:
> http://www.stephenduncanjr.com/projects/xpathreplacement-maven-plugin/
> http://code.google.com/p/maven-replacer-plugin/
>
> But xpathreplacement-maven-plugin seems mainly XML-oriented and the
> replacer-plugin would need quite a bit of improvement, if I look at the
> code...

Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool not a
general purpose utility.

As someone has noted you could write your own plugin to cater for this
is needed, but you could also just invoke Ant (from Maven) which has
more utility support like you are wanting.

The other point to note is that if you dont always need a portable
solution. Especially if you are contained to your corporate
environment and you have a known SOE to support.