> I was just very suprised that I haven't been able to find plugins to achieve
> a few simple tasks like merging/concating files together, replacing random
> strings (that aren't properties) in resources, and finally sorting files.

You're the first person who needed to do this as part of their build,
it would seem...

It doesn't really make sense to me that you'd do this dictionary
merging/sorting every single time you run a build, or even
occasionally such that you'd want a profile, so I'd probably not be
looking for a Maven-solution to this anyway (personally). But I don't
fully understand the requirements here so it is likely that I am
missing something obvious.

Wayne