Jason van Zyl wrote:
> You should explain to your manager the costs incurred for using Maven
> 1.x will be higher because it's harder for our community to support
> Maven 1.x at this point. There might be a few committers left here who
> maintain Maven 1.x projects but I would imagine the interest is pretty
> low here in Maven 1.x. So the burden of fixes to Maven itself when you
> have problems will probably be yours.
>
> Yours is the first request I've heard to convert from Maven 2.x to 1.x.
> As such I don't even know if there are any tools around. There might be
> but I don't recall there being any. Probably easy enough to take on the
> existing tools and go the other way.

One tool that can convert from M1 to M2 is the Maven One Plugin:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-one-plugin/

This is a plugin for Maven 2. You should have a look at the sources for
the convert goal, to get you started. Then, as Jason said, it's a matter
of doing it in the opposite direction.

> On 22-Apr-09, at 10:21 AM, Michael K. Craghead wrote:
>
>> I know this seems like a strange request, but what is the best way to
>> convert a Maven 2 project to Maven 1? Our development team was going
>> to start to move to Maven 2, but the plans have changed.
>> Unfortunately, I've already built all of my code using Maven 2. I need
>> to know how to convert my various projects to Maven 1. That includes
>> changing the directory structure to leave out the "main" directory
>> folder between the "src" and "java" folders, as well as any other
>> directory differences that I might not be thinking of at the moment.
>> Thanks.
>>  Michael K. Craghead
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>
> happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will
> elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come
> and sit softly on your shoulder ...
>
>  -- Thoreau

Dennis Lundberg