Ovidiu Feodorov wrote:

> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>> So, do you say that Cygwin's svn has a problem if you call it directly on
>> command line with an absolute path like
>>
>> svn info /cygpath/c/path/to/managed/source
>>
>> I can hardly believe this (cannot test it anymore, Windows free zone).
>> The error above indicates for me that you actually called something like
>>
>> svn info /cygpath
> I don't call svn directly, Maven does.

I know, but how should Maven work, if it does not work on your commandline?
That's exaclty what I wanna know. If your command line works, then you can
fix Maven. If not, then there's nothing to fix. ;-)

The thing is, that I can normally call svn from everywhere as long as the
target path is managed by svn:

/tmp $ svn info ~/src/Maven/plugins/maven-help-plugin/

works for me although neither /tmp nor my home directory is obviously a svn
working copy. However, the bug you see in Cygwin is a bit strange, because
it means your svn looks also at the first path element ?!?

[snip]

> This is the result of running svn from command line, with the same
> target files:
>
> $ svn ci -m "test" --targets
> /cygdrive/c/Users/ovidiu/AppData/Local/Temp/maven-scm-45206-targets
> svn: '/cygdrive' is not a working copy
> svn: Can't open file '/cygdrive/.svn/entries': No such file or director

What's the content
of /cygdrive/c/Users/ovidiu/AppData/Local/Temp/maven-scm-45206-targets ?

That file actually contains the real arguments ...

> However, svn info works
>
> $ svn info
> /cygdrive/c/work/playground/maven/release-plugin-experiments/pom.xml

[snip]

Looks basically good.

> Could be a bug in svn, I don't know.
>
> $ svn --version
> svn, version 1.5.4 (r33841)
>    compiled Oct 24 2008, 12:23:22

or one of the Cygwin port of svn. Depends on the file content above.

- Jörg