Jörg Schaible wrote:
Ovidiu Feodorov wrote:

Jörg Schaible wrote:

[snip]

What's the content
of /cygdrive/c/Users/ovidiu/AppData/Local/Temp/maven-scm-45206-targets ?
I've pasted it in the previous e-mail. I am doing it again here:

/cygdrive/c/work/playground/maven/release-plugin-experiments/pom.xml
/cygdrive/C/work/playground/maven/release-plugin-experiments/sub-module-one/pom.xml

Sorry, snipped too much ;-)

The different case of the drive letter is irritating though ..
Yes, I noticed that too, I could find where it comes from ...

[snip]
Could be a bug in svn, I don't know.

$ svn --version
svn, version 1.5.4 (r33841)
   compiled Oct 24 2008, 12:23:22
or one of the Cygwin port of svn. Depends on the file content above.
Yes, most likely. As I said, I am not that ambitious to start looking
into SVN code.

Well, if you can provide a simple test case with Cyg svn only, you might
normally have a look, there are some skilled people involved.
OK. I probably will.
If you believe my Maven workaround exposed above it's acceptable, I'll
implement it and submit the patch and tests.

Not up to me to decide anything here, I am simply a user that used to work
with Cygwin/Java/Maven for years - untill I installed Linux on my office
notebook in the end ;-)

Maybe one the deciders will hear our discussion and descend from a cloud with a word of advice ...
If not, I'll continue to use my locally patched version, and avoid to
upgrade as much as possible :). Not a good policy, that's true, but this
thing is somewhere at position 127 on my stack, I am using Maven as tool
to build something else, and my primary loyalty in terms of time and
priorities, is to that "something else" :).

Me too :)

Anyway, I appreciate you replying, thank you for that.

Well, you did the work :)

Thanks