vagrant1984 a écrit :
hey, everyone
Hi,
I need some help to identify whether MINA has memory leak.
Unlikely.
We are currently using MINA 2.0.0-M6.
The current version is 2.0.0-RC1, please switch to this version as many bug fixes has been injected into the code.

After running for a day under fairly
heavy
load, it runs into OOM,  I use eclipse memory analyzer to profile the hprof
file,

The thread *java.lang.Thread @ 0x2329c198 NioProcessor-3* keeps local
variables with total size *692,558,776 (68.60%)* bytes.
The memory is accumulated in one instance of *"java.lang.Object[]"* loaded
by *"<system class loader>"*.

Accumulated Objects by Class
 LabelNumber Of ObjectsUsed Heap SizeRetained Heap Size
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter$EncodedWriteRequest<mat://object/0x455f37d8>
1,696,45940,715,016359,855,312

Sounds like you have some issues in the way you manage the outgoing requests.

Can you tell us more about :
- what kind of sage is yours ?
- which protocol are you using ?
- if you have written your own codec, please give us some more information about it - if you are using an executor, please give us some nformation about its configuration.

Also I suggest you follow Ashsih's advice : use Yourkit to point out the region responsible for the leak.

I pretty much think that your server is accumulating sessions and message to write in memory, without doing any cleanup.