I am indeed using myfaces implementation. I did not get these warnings
with the first tree, but I was also using older version of myfaces. I am
using the latest source from CVS. The tree works great, and well,
everything works great.... just wish I could kill the warning message
about myfaces having to assign an ID. So this might not be as much of a
question for the tree2 component as much as it is for the myfaces engine
itself. And I get one of those warnings for each node in the tree, so I
would just like to be able to turn that off so it doesn't waste log
space.

Tim